Welcome - How It All Began.
Established in 1989, Diamond Publications has a long list of worthy titles that she has published since inception.
They include such works as:
- Watching the Watchdogs: Media Review at 20
- Master of His Age: The Story of Anthony Enahoro
- Nigerian Columnists and their Art by Lanre Idowu
- First Call: An Account of the Gowon Years by Moses Ihonde, 2004
- ‘Rite it Right: Analysis of Writing Errors in the Nigerian Mass Media, by Adidi Uyo, 2006
- Standing Tall: Selected Speeches of Olusegun Obasanjo, 2007
- Bittersweet: My Life with Obasanjo, by Oluremi Obasanjo, 2008
- The Hospitality series, Beyond the Front desk: Training for Hospitality Industry, 2006
- Catering and Restaurant Operations, 2008
- Manpower Development, 2008
- TELL: Courage in Print, 2011
In addition, DPL has published Media Review, the monthly industry journal of the Media since 1991. She also counts on her clientele list the Presidency (for which she produced Villascope, the official magazine of the Presidency, 2001-2007; Chevron (publication of the in house magazine, Chevron News, 1992-95), and The Press (publication of The Nigerian Press Council).
Lanre Idowu - Chief Executive Office/Editor-in-Chief
Educated in History and Public Communications at the University of Lagos, Akoka and Fordham University, New York respectively, he has a rich experience in journalism, publishing, and information management. A respected writer, author, trainer, and editor, he is a fellow of the Nigerian Guild of Editors and member, Nigerian Institute of Public Relations.
He has worked as a media consultant with the United States Information Services (USIS), managing partner of Richard Munds and in many respected newsrooms and editorial suites as a writer (Daily Times), reporter/head of investigating team (The Guardian on Sunday), assistant editor (The Democrat Weekly), and editor/deputy editor-in-chief (Thisweek). He was conferred with the Lifetime Achievement Award for Journalistic Excellence by the Wole Soyinka Centre for Investigative Journalism on December 9, 2011.
He is quite active on the media education circuit as a participant and resource person. His published works include:
- Idowu, Lanre (2009) The Popular is Seldom Correct: Selected writings on Governance, Media and Democracy, Diamond Publications. ISBN 978-978-2938-52-
- Idowu, Lanre (2009) Bridges of Memory, Diamond Publications. ISBN 978-978-2938-39-8
- Idowu, Lanre, ed. (2011) Watching the Watchdogs: Media Review at 20, Diamond Publications. ISBN 978-978-2938-74-9
- Idowu, Lanre, ed. (2011) Master of His Age: The story of Anthony Enahoro, Diamond Publications. ISBN 978-978-2938-66-4
- Idowu, Lanre, ed. (2009) Nigerian Columnists and their Art, Diamond Publications ISBN 978-978-2938-55-8
- Idowu, Lanre, ed. (2005) Voices from Within: Essays in honour of Sam Amuka, Diamond Publications. ISBN 978-2938-28-9
- Idowu, Lanre, ed. (2005) Gentleman of the Press: The Press on Tunji Oseni’s passage. ISBN978-2938-29-7
- Idowu, Lanre, ed. (2001) Watching the Watchdogs: Media Review at 10, Diamond Publications. ISBN 978-2928-10-6
- Idowu, Lanre, ed. (2001) Diamonds are Forever: The Story of DAME at Ten, Diamond Publications. ISBN 978-2938-13-0
- Idowu, Lanre, ed. (2000) The Media and the Legislature, Nigerian Guild of Editors. ISBN 978-2938-11-4
- Idowu, Lanre and Oyinlola, Ademola, eds. (2011) TELL: Courage in Print, Diamond Publications. ISBN 978-978-2938-67-1
- Idowu, Lanre and Godwin, Gillian, eds. (2008) Shared Values: Understanding Issues in Nigeria-Britain Relations, Diamond Publications. ISBN 978-978-2938-40-4
- Oseni, Tunji and Lanre Idowu, (2000), eds. Hosting 140th Anniversary of the Nigerian Press, Tosen Consult. ISBN971-047-701-2
Olalekan Oladeinde - Associate Editor
Lekan Oladeinde, a sociology graduate from the University of Ilorin, is associate editor and head of the newsroom. A tested reporter, he brings to the job an eye for details, the patience of Job, and the commitment of a priest.
Bose Olaniyan - Production Manager
Bose Olaniyan is design chief and head of production.
Ime Hanson - Subcription Officer
Ime Hanson is the subscriptions officer
The company is structured into editorial, marketing, production and accounts departments